For events go to the SPECIAL EVENTS page.
Recreation Access Pass Program
There are programs that recently started but possibly lack adequate participation due to cost.
There are probably Seniors who would have liked to participate if it were not for the cost of these programs.
There is help available: Recreation Access Pass Program Information.
If you believe you are eligible:
- Complete the application – also available at the Seniors Centre front desk.
- Take it for approval to the Sea to Sky Community Services (38144 – 2nd Avenue).
- Get your card (good for one year) from Brennan Parks Recreation Centre.
- Visit the Seniors Centre to join a program at a 50% discount.
NEW HOURS AND PROGRAMMING NOTES
Our new hours, starting September 5th.
Mondays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
All of our programs require pre-registration, even those with FREE introduction sessions.
The following programs are starting in September:
- Keep Fit program (one or two fitness classes each morning for the 55 year+ demographic)
- Chair Yoga
- Yoga for Every Body program
- Mind Body Connection for Seniors FREE introduction session
- Mind Body Connection for Seniors
- Creative Drawing and Painting
- Nia Dance Workshop
- Society end of summer BBQ
- Laughactive program
- Nia Dance FREE Introduction session
- Globe Trotters Presentation FREE
- Sunshine choir
- Intro to Stand up Paddleboarding
- Silk Painting
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Theme Lunch
- Floral Design: thanksgiving Centre Piece
· A variety of Drop In programs such as carpet bowling, paint and sketch, social quilt and craft, genealogy, computer tutoring and billiards. Drop-in programs at the Squamish Seniors’ Centre beginning $2.25 for members, $3.50 for non-members.
SENIORS’ CENTRE STAFF
Front Desk: 604-848-6898
Information regarding programs:
Christine Creer email@example.com 604-848-6895