Some of the highlights:
- Feb 2: bus trip to Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre
- Feb 6: FREE Growth Rings collaborative art project for 55+ community
- Feb 8: FREE Globe Trotters presentation
- Feb 12: closed due to Family Day holiday
- Feb 14: FREE Valentine’s Day Tea
- Feb 22: Feb theme lunch, please purchase tickets CASH only at the Eaglewind Café (tickets must be purchased by Feb 15)
- Feb 28: Bus trip to the Barber of Seville at the James Cowan Theatre
Please note that pre-registration is required for all programs and events, even when they are FREE.
You may want to sign up for our monthly newsletter here: https://squamish.ca/enews-signup
The newsletter is sent out on the 27th of the previous month.
Eagle wind Café is now open for business.
For events go to the SPECIAL EVENTS page.
Recreation Access Pass Program
There are programs that recently started but possibly lack adequate participation due to cost.
There are probably Seniors who would have liked to participate if it were not for the cost of these programs.
There is help available: Recreation Access Pass Program Information.
If you believe you are eligible:
- Complete the application – also available at the Seniors Centre front desk.
- Take it for approval to the Sea to Sky Community Services (38144 – 2nd Avenue).
- Get your card (good for one year) from Brennan Parks Recreation Centre.
- Visit the Seniors Centre to join a program at a 50% discount.
NEW HOURS AND PROGRAMMING NOTES
Our new hours, starting September 5th.
Mondays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
All of our programs require pre-registration, even those with FREE introduction sessions.
A variety of Drop In programs such as carpet bowling, paint and sketch, social quilt and craft, genealogy, computer tutoring and billiards. Drop-in programs at the Squamish Seniors’ Centre beginning $2.25 for members, $3.50 for non-members.
SENIORS’ CENTRE STAFF
Front Desk: 604-848-6898
Information regarding programs:
Christine Creer firstname.lastname@example.org 604-848-6895